• Past experience as an Epic Program Director required
• PMP or PMI Certification preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or Healthcare Related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
• Master’s Degree preferred
• 5+ years’ successful experience in a medium to large healthcare system, academic medical center preferred
• 5+ years’ Project Management experience with proven ability of managing complex projects, strategic planning, change management, and implementation of projects from beginning to end required
• 7+ years’ personnel management experience required
• Experience with Lean Methodology/Six Sigma preferred
Under direction of the client leadership, the Epic Sr. Program Director provides leadership, vision, and direction for the development and implementation of an EHR, ensuring support of the organization’s business objectives. Directly responsible for overall project implementation, scope, cost, timeline, and quality of the entire project. This position is critical to the deployment of Epic and other mission critical information systems. Responsible for providing strategic vision, problem anticipation, and risk evaluation on an enterprise level, has overall responsibility and accountability for the application environment, which includes all clinical and financial applications.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Healthcare clinical experience in direct patient care or hospital operations. Broad based knowledge of Healthcare IT applications and EHR. Technical understanding of various software technologies, tools, and platforms. Experience with contracting, contract negotiation, and vendor management. Strong implementation experience and standardizing development processes and procedures with solid communication skills. Experience in implementing an application from the ground up. Ability to hire, train, and evaluate employees and discipline when necessary. Ability to manage complex organizations, strategic planning, fiscal planning, and staff development and ensures the reliable operations of all application systems.