Responsible for overseeing and managing the electronic medical record (EMR) system effectively and efficiently. Develops mechanisms that enable the management team to evaluate multiple facets of the practice to ensure goals and objectives are met.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for the development and implementation of all policies and procedures for documenting, storing and retrieving information.
2. Responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and accreditation standards for patient records.
3. Responsible for transitioning providers and staff to company EMR system by training, customizing templates and with return follow up.
4. Oversees budgeting, quality improvement, hiring, evaluations and supervision of all employees in the EMR Department.
5. Ensures all medical records are compliant and congruent in order to effectively manage the EMR system.
6. Assists in establishing criteria for transference of information for EMR.
7. Reviews the EMR for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations
8. Plan, develop, maintain and operate a variety of health record indexes and storage and retrieval systems to collect, classify, store and analyze information.
9. Gathers and organizes information on problems or procedures within the EMR system.
10. Analyze data gathered and develop solutions or alternative methods of proceeding.
11. Prepare new training for personnel in the use of new forms, reports, procedures or equipment as it relates to EMR.
12. Design, evaluate, recommend and approve changes to forms and reports based on organizational needs.
13. Responsible for monthly quality assurance audits, including their completion and analysis.
Bachelor’s degree required with an emphasis on Health Administration. Master’s degree in health Administration highly preferred. Certification in Data Analysis from H.I.M. preferred. Registered Nurse credentials preferred.
Two to five years of experience.