WalkerHealthCareIT is seeking a Meaningful Use Specialist for a project in TX. This is a contract position. The Meaningful Use Specialist will be working on-site. Individuals will provide solutions to our clients in the Clinical Advisory practice.
• Clinical background required
• Consulting experience required.
• Strong background in clinical computing and clinical process redesign.
• Solid understanding of clinical quality measurement and its relationship to clinical computing.
• ARRA readiness, clinical outcomes and performance improvement, patient safety, CPOE, TJC and Core Measure requirements, benefits identification and realization, project management
• RN license required, but does not have to be active
• Bachelors Degree Required
• Masters preferred.
• At least 15+ years of combined experience in clinical information systems, health care operations, administration, nursing management, quality measurement, consulting, with strong clinical expertise.
• Extensive experience with McKesson required.
• Meditech experience preferred
• Lead strategic engagements with healthcare organizations executives to assess, develop and implement clinical informatics environments that drive change, improve efficiencies and transform care delivery; Experience working with senior management to engage and understand clinical computing and quality data management , including executive presentations and senior leadership focus groups
• Clinical Informatics and Computing background combined with senior level consulting experience.
• Highly developed clinical consulting and analytical skills; able to discuss clinical and IS solutions to business unit, clinical, and technology audiences at an appropriate level.
• Ability to provide education and training on MU objectives and measures, tools, workflows.
• Ability to monitor and communicate hospital performance, identify risks and educate MU hospital team on performance improvement.
• Experience supporting a hospital in documentation of compliance with the MU Objectives.
• Experience performing initial QA checks on all evidence prepared by the hospital MUC.
• Provision of oversight and quality review for reporting, evidence collection, and submission for attestation activities.
• Demonstrated ability to give effective and differentiated presentations to management and clients and ability to work within all levels within the healthcare organization.
• Successful experience functioning within a matrix environment serving external and internal customers.
• Experience identifying the clinical process, workflow and content needs of client for a clinical computing system, specifically focusing in the area of regulatory reporting (e.g., TJC, CMS) and patient safety; Identify high level requirements for quality and regulatory reporting
WalkerHealthcareIT Standard Perks
• Weekly pay via Direct Deposit
• All expenses paid including Per Diem
• W-2 or 1099 options available
• Weekly expense reimbursement via direct deposit (within 5 days)
WalkerHealthcareIT recruits IT and Healthcare Technology professionals to assist Healthcare organizations with the movement to an integrated health system. We provide experienced contract consultants to help our clients navigate the huge changes that are coming as medicine shifts towards accountable care, electronic health records, and the use of and clinical informatics. We also provide EMR Technology contractors to assist clients with the implementation and administration of their EHR/EMR systems. We provide Contract, Contract-to-Hire and Permanent Placement recruitment services across all Healthcare IT application categories, from core clinical and patient data platforms to complex billing environments including; Ambulatory and Inpatient Systems, Clinical and Revenue Cycle Implementation, Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Financial and Billing Systems.