The Data Architect serves as an Integration Architect across Cerner applications and interfaces providing system, process and problem resolution expertise. Plans, oversees and validates the integration of clinical information application analysis, build and testing processes with other clinical and non-clinical applications across the organization. Is a member of project leadership team and leads the change management processes for the Cerner application.
• Facilitates a process to define and maintain clinical application integration within and across applications.
• Ensures adherence to defined processes in the selection, implementation, testing and maintenance of clinical applications.
• Provides consultation on process design alternatives and supports system validation processes and provides guidelines for all levels of implementation and system upgrade testing.
• Provides cross-team and vendor coordination for testing and scheduling upgrades
• Identifies packages and upgrades needed to maintain the clinical applications or to resolve issues with the software.
• Coordinates the install of packages in all clinical application environments.
• Attends vendor sponsored meetings to discuss system performance and upgrade recommendations.
• Coordinates with clinical teams to support processes to ensure data integrity within and across applications.
• Actively participates in clinical quality and process improvement initiatives to ensure integration within and across applications.
• Provides written documentation and oral presentations to senior leadership and hospital leaders as necessary or requested.
• Oversees the creation of training materials for the facility for new design or design changes.
• 5 years of hands-on experience as a clinical application analyst within an information services department of a multi-entity acute care health system.
• Demonstrated experience in structured enterprise architecture, including definition of standards and guidelines for application design, implementation and ongoing support across a broad spectrum. Hands on clinical applications management experience.
• Proven track record in the development and deployment of programmatic assessment and adoption of emerging technologies.
• End-to-end project lifecycle experience including business case definitions, requirement and architecture.