WalkerHealthCareIT is seeking an experienced Clinical Content Specialist – Perinatal & Med/Surg & ED for a project in TX. This is a contract position. Individuals will provide solutions to our clients in the Cerner practice.
• Provides process and system expertise to promote adoption of electronic clinical documentation that supports evidence based and client best practice through the design and implementation of clinical documentation for a variety of health care professionals.
• Encompasses clinical documentation analysis, design, standardization, gap analysis, and content development that support workflow processes and information needs.
• May include the performance of current state assessments, meeting planning, and facilitation of meetings to define documentation standards to be implemented across the organization.
• Work to advance the standards for electronic health records; facilitate collaboration with ancillary departments, medication integration, and physician and nursing standards teams; plan and facilitate Joint Application Design sessions; assist in the development of test scripts and testing of the build; assist in the deployment of communication plans, and assist in the development and execution of training and education plans.
• May provide learning and adoption support during implementation of electronic health records to various clinical roles, ongoing analysis, triage, resolution and status reporting of assigned change requests.
• Bachelor's degree in nursing or related healthcare field AND relevant clinical experience is REQUIRED.
• Must have clinical experience in Perinatal, Med/Surg, ICU and ED, and be able to flex among these disciplines as required.
• 5-7 years’ experience with Cerner Millennium, including PowerChart, SurgiNet, FirstNet. Experience with PowerChart Maternity and FetaLink preferred.
• Ability to create and edit technical design documents.
• CPOE experience mandatory.
• Proven ability to communication and understand needs of clinicians.
• Effective leadership skills and strong customer service orientation.
• Advanced analytical skills to resolve simple to complex problems.
• Experience collaborating with vendor, specialty advisory teams, Core, pharmacists, nurses, physicians, ancillary and other care providers to define standards and deliver user-friendly systems.
• Experience planning, organizing, and facilitating software design activities.
• Experience facilitating the development of testing scenarios and test scripts to include process and workflows. Participate in testing events.
• Experience reporting, monitoring, and resolution of process and system related issues.
• Experience assisting in the development of training materials and supporting end-user education.
• Experience providing support during all phases of the project lifecycle.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
WalkerHealthcareIT Standard Perks
• Weekly pay via Direct Deposit
• All expenses paid including Per Diem
• W-2 or 1099 options available
• Weekly expense reimbursement via direct deposit (within 5 days)
WalkerHealthcareIT recruits IT and Healthcare Technology professionals to assist Healthcare organizations with the movement to an integrated health system. We provide experienced contract consultants to help our clients navigate the huge changes that are coming as medicine shifts towards accountable care, electronic health records, and the use of and clinical informatics. We also provide EMR Technology contractors to assist clients with the implementation and administration of their EHR/EMR systems. We provide Contract, Contract-to-Hire and Permanent Placement recruitment services across all Healthcare IT application categories, from core clinical and patient data platforms to complex billing environments including; Ambulatory and Inpatient Systems, Clinical and Revenue Cycle Implementation, Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Financial and Billing Systems.