The Integrated Data System Manager is responsible for the overall direction and daily management of the statewide data integration and aggregation system. The manager assists MPCA and the participating health centers with effectively utilizing the system to enhance data validation, improve workflow, develop templates and refine reporting. The manager will focus on interoperability, data quality and information sharing through regional exchanges.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Manages statewide integrated data system including collection, validation, aggregation and reporting systems with focus on clinical, financial and operational data
a. In collaboration with management, responsible for overall planning, development, and implementation of integrated data system
b. Oversees the assignment and management of Health Center implementation cohorts to launch the system
c. Implements process to assess needs and harvest best practices from Health Centers
d. Assists in the management of the Integrated Data System Advisory Workgroup
e. Serves as a super user to the integrated data system
f. Designs and implements procedures for intake of clinical, operational and financial data from both internal and outside sources
g. Expands usability of reporting tool through integration of external data sources
h. Provides functional interoperability and health information exchange assessment and guidance to assist with meaningful use requirements
i. Assists health centers with troubleshooting and identification of operational issues
j. Supports committee work and respond to priority needs as identified
k. Tracks status of the integrated data system and submitting status reports to leadership.
2. Provides statistical support, assists in analytical strategy and disseminates data
a. Designs reports, conducts analysis, and graphic presentations to communicate complex or detailed information
b. Develops data sets comparing organizational and project performance with benchmark and performance
c. Collects, analyzes, validates, interprets, and presents a broad range of data to measure statewide, regional and Health Center quality and performance improvement
d. Creates data models that diagram or illustrate the relationships between data
e. Recommends and documents necessary changes to applications to preserve data consistency.
f. Prepares progress, annual reports and project materials for review as needed
g. Assists in the implementation dashboard tools and data warehouse technologies to automate data reporting to provide real-time quality data dashboards
h. Prepares abstracts and manuscripts, and related data reports, for publication or conferences
3. Designs training and educational opportunities for MPCA staff and health center users to assures data quality, validity and system utilization
a. Manages front line help desk support for integrated data system
b. Provides training to various user groups e.g. Quality Improvement directors, Case Managers, Informatics/Data managers
c. Manages regional and statewide training and technical assistance events
d. Provides assistance and support to health centers via user groups specific to reporting system
e. Develops training materials and updates of relevant portions of the web site
f. Works with colleagues and vendors to demonstrate progress to regulating bodies, potential new health centers, etc.
4. Develops and maintains a system for assuring contract execution and that all requirements are met
a. Identifies and manages risk and quality assurance issues related to clinical information management.
b. Assists in assurance that requirements of the agreements are met including but not limited to sublicense agreements, Business Associates Agreement, security risk assessment reports
5. Develops and maintains key partner relationships to advance MPCA and the Health Centers utilizations of HIT and data
a. Collaborates with business and technology stakeholders in ensuring data repository architecture development and utilization.
b. Maintains a collaborative relationship to advance the functionality and effectiveness of the integrated data system.
6. Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Familiar with relevant healthcare concepts, practices, and procedures
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Access and Excel
• Structured databases including Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL
• Statistical methods and models used in analyzing health care data and in data mining
• FQHC reporting requirements (preferred)
• Ability to communicate complex and technical information in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Ability to work independently or with a group, under general supervision
• Bachelor’s degree in health informatics, statistics, mathematics, an Associate’s degree with CAHIM credentials or graduate from an HIM program approved by a foreign association with which AHIMA has a reciprocity agreement preferred
• Minimum of one year of experience with clinical, operational, or financial information in a healthcare setting preferred
• Solid understanding of relational database design and data systems concepts
• Experience in data analytics/reporting required
• Certification in health informatics preferred e.g. Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)