The SAP Financial/Controlling (FICO) Specialist (Specialist) is the expert in all aspects of SSM Health Care’s financial and accounting processes for the ERP system, with specific emphasis on the Accounts Payable (AP) Module. These include the flow of transactions, document postings, period and year-end closings, rollups, accounts payable, tax withholding, vendor management, check runs, bank interfaces, and reporting requirements, both internal and external.
The Specialist is responsible for assuring appropriate procedures are established for data collection, allocation, analysis, report design and dissemination of information to internal and external customers. The Specialist is also responsible to ensure all data required from/ to external systems (e.g. Patient Accounting, vendors, banks, etc.) is correctly mapped in SAP.
The Specialist may provide leadership in projects involving internal and external personnel. Activities include arranging meetings, being an active participant, assigning tasks, proposing solutions, or demonstrating or testing application functionality on basic deployments/upgrades.
The Specialist also understands the Accounts Payable specific information issues and can effectively communicate / translate them into reporting requirements. The Specialist also serves as a member of the ERP Team to ensure project integration. Also interrelates with members of the ERP Team, members of other functional teams, software vendor personnel, and entity, regional and corporate management and finance personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (preferably with a course concentration in accounting or finance).
- 5-7 years of SAP FICO experience; specifically Accounts Payable module
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Requires use of computer terminals
- Requires hearing in normal range
- Requires manual dexterity
- Requires motor coordination
- Extended or irregular work hours are required to meet due dates.
- Some travel may be required