International Business Development Director
The American Medical Association (AMA), a nonprofit, is the nation's largest professional Association of physicians. We are a unifying voice and powerful ally for America's physicians, the patients they care for, and the promise of a healthier nation. To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health.
As an employer, we are dedicated to many efforts, including employee learning and development, social responsibility, diversity and inclusion and wellness.
Our well-defined culture has strongly impacted the prosperity of our organization. Our foundational values of Respect, Integrity, Innovation, Impact, Collaboration, Agility and Trust are at the core of our efforts and continue to shape the success of the AMA.
We have an opportunity based at our corporate offices in Chicago for an International Business Development Director on our Health Solutions team. As part of the team, you will: contribute to the growth, vitality, and profitability of the AMA by working collaboratively to develop our CPT international footprint. You will further develop and execute HS’s CPT international strategic plan and identification and development of new CPT opportunities for long-term revenue growth in new markets, including Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) markets and others as well as research and analyze business opportunities consistent with the AMA's long range plans. You will evaluate projects based on data from market research to assess financial feasibility and execution of international roll out of CPT deployment in identified international targets.
- Identify strategic distribution channels and strategies in selected countries to license CPT. Leverage the expertise, infrastructure, intellectual property, or customers of partner organizations to drive revenue, reach new audiences, increase distribution, and enhance existing products. Establish key partnerships and alliances with other healthcare organizations, and negotiate with International Government entities for the licensing of CPT. Communicate with AMA leadership the strategies and approaches to be pursued.
- Perform competitive analysis, track industry trends, and maintain extensive knowledge of market conditions. Assess international market opportunities for CPT licensing and engage with International medical organizations and International Government/Ministries to understand health care coverage in each country and potential use of medical terminology.
- Collaborate cross-functionally in the development of the organization's business plan. Work with the CPT Key Account Managers, and the Product Management team to understand the distribution of CPT internationally and existing international relationships. Relay country specific needs of CPT for product enhancements.
- Degree in business, economics, health care administration, or related field required; MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in business development with a proven track record in generating new revenue; minimum 5 years in the health care terminology industry
- International business development experience required
- Strong business acumen; demonstrated success in working on/with operational key account management, marketing, business or finance roles
- Culturally aware and politically savvy to navigate and negotiate with international government agencies and diverse markets while handling the operational challenges of foreign markets
- Highly analytical and strategic. Must be able to identify, creatively structure, negotiate, and execute complex strategic partnerships with a wide array of partners
- Strong interpersonal skills to navigate across large, complex organizations and with individuals at multiple management levels within the organization, including Senior Level Executives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in order to influence change, must be comfortable presenting in a large group setting
- Ability to independently exercise a wide degree of latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical business
- Demonstrated ability to work with ambiguous evidence and adapt effectively to changing circumstances
- Multilingual or bilingual skills preferred.
- Travel required
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION