IT Project Manager Quality Program
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the initiation, coordination and completion of multiple, parallel projects within the Information Technology department.
• Builds and maintains strong relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects. Owns stakeholder management; responsible for setting customer expectations and leading efforts to sustain customer satisfaction.
• Oversees and assumes accountability for all aspects of software development including user requirements, development and testing timelines.
• Defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
• Develops and presents full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
• Estimates resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
• Assigns responsibilities, monitors and summarizes progress of project.
• Drafts and submits budget proposals. Recommends subsequent budget changes where necessary.
• Identifies and resolves issues and conflicts within the project team.
• Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path.
• Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
• Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential crises, devises and leads execution of contingency plans.
• Defines project success criteria and disseminates them to involved parties throughout project life cycle. Uses project delivery metrics to measure and improve team performance.
• Conducts project post mortems and drives continuous improvement efforts.
• Develops best practices and tools for project execution and management. Participates in efforts to standardize practices and consolidate tracking methods across all IT projects.
• Actively seeks out and acts on opportunities for PM process improvement using a combination of industry experience and Lean activities
• Experience with managing projects related to QPP-MIPS reporting to QCDR / CMS is required
• Demonstrate experience in personnel management
• Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
• Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
• Ability to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
• Flexible during times of change
• Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
• Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Must provide own insured transportation to and from work as well as to other outside locations based on job needs
• Bachelor's Degree from four-year College or University and 5 or more years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Healthcare experience required
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Full project life cycle support of applications
• Experience in and proficient with using Microsoft Project on complex projects
Certificates and Licenses: