The Data Integration Analyst is responsible for HL7 interfaces, interface requirements, testing, implementation, analyzing understanding business problems, making solution recommendations that meet the organizational goals of maintaining clinical and business systems. They are dedicated to providing a secure, effective, integrated patient data and financial data delivery system that continually improves outcomes, reduces cost, increases efficiency, and enhances patients’ experiences. Primary responsibilities include collaborating with business partners and end users to design, build, test, train, implement, evaluate and maintain clinical, billing and reporting interfaces and other associated systems.
The Integration Analyst must utilize the knowledge of computer science, information technology and clinical practice to manage data and determine components that are suitable to build while maintaining alignment with the professional standards of clinical and billing best practices. They are responsible for the configuration, testing, implementation and on-going support of HL7 and other data interfaces.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates advanced functional knowledge of one of the following applications: EHR, EMR, Clinical applications, Interface Engines and HL7 standards.
• Serves as a contributing member of the interface team, dedicated to the development of electronic documentation solutions that support clinical workflow and practice and align with the current best practice standards.
• Demonstrates knowledge of processes within the integration department.
• Ability to recommend customization of the application for unique department scenarios and build using application tools with minimal assistance from team members and/or the application manager.
• Designs, and tests interface components and makes necessary recommendations with little direction and assistance from team members or the application manager.
• Communicates necessary changes in the interfaces, data or applications amongst team members and site contacts as appropriate
• Develops and maintains interface design documentation and outlines integration build steps using appropriate tools with some direction and assistance from team members or technical leads.
Individual contributor that works under limited supervision. Applies subject matter knowledge; requires capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge. Keep abreast of external IT industry trends and market technical intelligence. Performs and coordinates complex projects with minimal direction. Optimizes internal resources to maximize team capabilities. Leads peers to resolve complex issues consistent with divisional/organizational goals. Serve as technical resource for discipline in cross-functional teams. Effectively communicates complex IT issues/solutions to customers and other IT groups.
May function as a technical leader, either as a subject matter expert with proficiency in defined area (s) of the profession, or as a generalist, with a broad knowledge of all aspects of the profession. May function as a team leader, responsible for supporting management in day-to-day personnel oversight and workflow management activities.
• Bachelor's Degree from four-year College or University and 5+ years of related experience; or a combination of education and 6+ years of experience with designing, building, implementing and supporting HL7 interfaces.
• 5+ years of clinical data, billing, and clinical quality reporting integration. EHR/EMR or interface engine certification preferred.
• Strong experience with leading small to medium groups or projects
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analyze health management programs including: data collection, validation and outcome measurement. May include:
o Financial, pharmacy, claims, provider, and member data
o HIE, CMS, EDI, HEDIS reporting
o Internal data cleansing and data reconciliation analysis
o Trend analysis in various functional areas of health care management.
• Create and generate reports through MS-Excel, MS-Access, and SQL using Business Objects interface and direct links to core databases (ODS/EDW)
• Produce reports for and interface with senior management and internal and external stakeholders.
• Gather and interpret business requirements and monitor data trends to proactively identify issues
• Execute data changes and update core systems as needed
• Handle multiple projects and timelines effectively and communicate risks and issues to manager regularly
• Assist with training lower level Data Analysts. Handle complex data requests, reports, and predictive data modeling and profiling.