Epic build certification in Healthy Planet or Ambulatory modules is highly preferred! This position will work extensively with Population Health, claims data and population management system modules.
The Epic Clinical Applications Specialist is responsible for the management, coordination and development of systems, data and workflow processes that support care coordination activities. Acts as the principle resource, with content knowledge and application expertise, to provide support and development of internal and external applications and data sources. Provides relative project management for care coordination activities within Partners for kids and Nationwide Children's Hospital. Assists in the creation, implementation, evaluation and research of related tools and activities.
1. Assists in defining and translating business needs into system functionality and application requirements to support the performance of care coordination activities throughout the continuum for pediatric patients.
2. Plans, designs, builds, validates, tests, implements and supports information systems to meet customer needs in collaboration with the informatics and data teams.
3. Acts as a coach, role model, and/or mentor for data analysts, department superusers, research assistants, and other project managers working with care coordination data.
4. Provides formal and informal education on care coordination applications, software and workflow. Provides and creates materials for end user training and support.
5. Facilitates troubleshooting, problem solving, auditing, debugging and resolution of assigned system issues.
6. Analyzes and evaluates system design specifications and recommends changes. Provides system coding and programming within EPIC and related tools as needed.
7. Establishes efficient workflows which enhance communication, information exchange and data collection.
8. Participates in departmental and divisional interview process, peer review, quality improvement activities, and committees as assigned.
9. Participates in the business management by assisting with forecasting, demographics, demand for services, and capacity for short and long range strategic and programmatic planning. 10. Assists in creating and maintaining standard documentation and performance of care coordination by serving as a point of contact and coordinator for application and data needs for navigate my care quality improvement efforts, specialty clinical teams, and the data and informatics departments.
11. Incorporates valid evidence, industry best practice, and research findings to identify new sources of knowledge.
12. Carries out special projects as assigned by the Director of Care Coordination.
13. Develops working relationships with key stakeholders.
14. Utilizes IS operational support systems to include the support center, change control, problem management, source and version control, and other systems as required.
15. Maintains the confidentiality, integrity, and actively protects sensitive, classified, and confidential patient and organization information. 16. Develops and maintains an expert level of knowledge and skills in technical and professional areas of care coordination, informatics, electronic medical record use, and project management. 17. Assists in defining, collecting, analyzing information to assess the program’s effectiveness including the preparation of data for research and publication.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Master’s degrees in hospital/health administration, research, statistics, informatics or other relative field.
2. Certification as a builder for EPIC ambulatory systems.
3. 3-5 years of demonstrated competency in a research, informatics, or healthcare organization project management required.
4. Clinical knowledge to understand and evaluate patient information and case management policies.
5. Advanced use of MS Office applications, EPIC, and databases required.
6. Excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills to effectively interact with medical staff, consultants, external professionals, administrators and employees at all levels.
7. Leadership ability as demonstrated through high level of initiative, decision-making and organizational skills.
8. Current knowledge of trends and advances in the field of healthcare informatics and technology.
9. Must be able to see, hear, speak, read and perform manual tasks with or without accommodation, and care for oneself with little or no difficulty. Physical ability to tolerate a high percentage of time in sedentary work at desk.