Do you want to work for one of the Carolinas' most respected medical practices?
Are you looking for not just a job, but a career? We are looking for you.
We are Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. (CEENTA), the region's premier eye, ear, nose, and throat care provider for adults and pediatric patients for more than 90 years, and we are looking to add to our Information Technology team. We are currently looking for a Senior Security Engineer, who will audit and evaluates existing data storage or transfer systems to identify weaknesses and assess risk; performs vulnerability testing. They are responsible for implementing new or upgraded security measures or controls, and documents system or policy changes and reviewing security violation reports or logs, investigates possible security exceptions, administers incident response procedures and coordinates with internal personnel or external agencies as needed. As well as ensure compliance with regulations governing data security or privacy (HIPAA, PII, PCI, etc.).
This is a full time position located in our McAlpine area office (located off Monroe Road in Charlotte, NC) with the opportunity to work remotely.
As the largest multi-specialty practice on the East Coast - with 18 locations throughout North and South Carolina, over 130 providers offering comprehensive adult and pediatric care, and a full list of ancillary departments and services - we strive to hire the best staff possible to take excellent care of our patients. CEENTA has earned some of the most prestigious workplace awards, including being named one of North Carolina's Best Places to Work, one of Charlotte's Most Family Friendly Companies, and one of the Healthiest Employers in the greater Charlotte NC area.
Scope of Position:
* Identify regulation and best practices that apply to the organization and develop plans and policies to accommodate.
* Incorporate change management into all security operations.
* Develop and improve existing baselines to help promote a secure environment.
* Perform/assist in risk assessment and business impact analysis for all infrastructure.
* Assist in creating/maintaining business continuity/disaster recovery policies and procedures.
* Research and recommend innovative and, where possible, automated approaches for system security tasks.
* Identify approaches that leverage company resources and provide cost effective solutions to security problems.
* Test all systems for vulnerabilities and lead efforts to mitigate risk, where possible according to cost/benefit analysis.
* Verify mitigation efforts are successful and test for available exploits.
* Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
* Audit backup operations, verifying all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up and able to be recovered.
* Maintain and document SIEM systems. Work with all teams to ensure existing systems are logging events to the SIEM.
* Provide Tier III support per request from various constituencies.
* Assist and lead recovery efforts during failover/emergency/disaster scenarios. Work within established policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of failover operations.
* Four to six years of systems/network security experience.
* Experience with firewalls, antivirus software, IDS/IPS, and content filtering.
* Experience with vulnerability and penetration testing tools
* Experience planning, researching, and developing security policies, procedures, and baselines.
* Security certifications such as CISSP, GIAC, or CEH.S
* Bachelor (4-year) degree preferred with a technical major such as engineering or computer science. (NOTE: Four year degree can be replaced with 10 years related IT work experience with at least 5 pertaining to networking/security.