The Data Analyst works with various business units to translate business requirements into software applications and data models. Provide expertise and support for improving data integrity and normalization by managing data sets, developing reports, and troubleshooting various data issues. This role requires frequent interaction with all levels of staff including clinical and executive leadership.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following, and are subject to change from time to time at the discretion of management:
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing support to business units.
- Process data from multiple sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Develop, manage, and maintain data dictionaries and/or metadata
- Document requirements and provide validation by participating in QA activities.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
Job Requirements (Education/Experience)
- 3+ years proven working experience as a data analyst or business analyst
- 3+ years developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- 3+ years MS SQL experience designing/tuning queries, report writing, and presenting findings
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics, or related field
- Familiarity with medical code sets CPT and ICD10
- 3+ years healthcare experience
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Critical thinking skills, ability to problem solve quickly, taking into account all aspects of business impact
- Results oriented, a strong task manager
- Accurate in work produced – strong attention to detail
- Proficient team building and people skills – a strong communicator both verbally and in writing
- Excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment, and the ability to manage multiple priorities
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.