Epic Citrix Administrator|
HealthTECH Resources, Inc.
View Company Profile
View all jobs from this company
<< Go back |
||May 03, 2018
||US - Tennessee - Memphis
||- n/a -
HealthTECH Resources is seeking an Epic Citrix System Administrator for a 4 month contract position at a healthcare organization in TN. Preferred contract start and end dates: 5/21/18 through 9/28/18.
What are the main duties of the Epic Citrix System Administrator?
- Server as a subject matter expert for the Epic EMR Citrix environment.
- Design, test and deploy new implementations and updates to existing infrastructure in accordance to Vendors recommendations and best practices.
- Manage and support NetScaler, XenApp, XenDesktop, and Storefront.
- Manage Citrix application builds, release cycles, patching and test schedules.
- Provide system level administration/maintenance for Epic Citrix infrastructure, to include hundreds of XenApp servers.
- Perform firmware, hardware, and OS upgrades, and required patch management.
- Perform Epic software Special Updates (SU) as needed.
- Participate as needed in required TDR (Technical Dress Rehearsal) activities that are conducted by the Epic technical team.
What skills and qualifications do I need to be considered?
- Required Skills:
- Minimum 6 years of experience with in depth knowledge of server virtualization technology - Example VMWare or Xenserver.
- Minimum 6 years of progressively responsible experience performing Windows system administration duties in a critical production environment, preferably healthcare.
- Knowledge of SAN disk storage technology from a major hardware vendor.
- Citrix Studio & Director experience.
- Experience with VMware/Xenserver, Hyper-V or other server virtualization technologies.
- Experience in designing, deploying and supporting large-scale Citrix environments using XenApp, XenDesktop, Storefront, PVS, Netscaler and Citrix Receiver
- Experience in managing and Deploying multiple high availability Citrix Farms, XenApp 7.x and above.
- Desired Skills:
- Experience acting as a technical lead, preferably in a healthcare environment, in support of a large, complex vendor application.
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMware.
- Experience with Netscaler appliance and general load balancing.
- Familiarity with PowerShell, or any other form of scripting and automation.
- Microsoft – MCSA, or MCP, or MCTS.
- Citrix – CCA or CCP.
- VMware – VCP-DCV or VCA-DTM.
Why work here?
- This is your chance to work for a hospital regularly recognized for the quality of care it provides patients and families, as well as their commitment to employee wellness.
- Dedicated, passionate employees all working toward a common goal--exceeding expectations.
- Regarded as one of the premier health care systems in the nation, this is an award-winning organization you will love working for.