Leads all phases of the project lifecycle following project management methodology to successfully achieve clinical and business objectives for multiple and complex healthcare technology initiatives. Establishes schedule, budget, and coordinate project activities to ensure the success of projects from original concept to final implementation. Mentors staff in project management methodology and competencies.
• Ensures the established Project Methodology is followed including creation of the project plan and maintaining it using Microsoft Project and CA Clarity, and completion of standard project deliverables as specified.
• Works with IS, vendors and customers to develop Project Proposal outlining deliverables, business requirements, risks, assumptions, key stakeholders, roles and responsibilities and budget.
• Performs all standard PMI PMBOK project management activities as specified in the project management methodology.
• Conducts weekly status meetings with project team to communicate work plan, track actual performance against plans and budget, analyze variances, and identify issues and risks to ensure all customer needs are met while maintaining control of the project.
• Oversees deliverable creation and quality, including review of other project managers’ work.
• Prepares and presents project reports for management, clients or others, as requested.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• Minimum of seven (7) years related technical experience including five (5) years of project management for information technology projects, required.
• Experience in assigned technical area (i.e. Healthcare, Infrastructure, etc), and in a similarly sized IT organization, required. Healthcare environment, preferred.
• Program Management Institute (PMI) training required.
• PMP Certification a plus.
• Demonstrated experience managing complex IS programs and projects utilizing PMI PMBOK standards and industry best practices, required.
• Very strong analytical and organization skills and ability to manage multiple complex projects, required.
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate overall design discussions to completion, required.
• Ability to mentor and coach others to develop project management competencies, required
• Experience with Revenue Cycle software such as Soarian. Will consider candidates with ERP Systems such as Oracle, SAP or Peoplesoft.