Research Clinical System Analyst II (Cerner)-14483|
Nicklaus Children's Health System
View Company Profile
View all jobs from this company
<< Go back |
||May 16, 2018
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - Florida - Miami
||- n/a -
Provides Clinical Informatics support to colleagues in Research Institute and serves as liaison between Research and Clinical Informatics IT team. Designs, builds, implements, integrates, and supports research and clinical data, systems, and applications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Training and work experience on Linux (Red Hat preferred), SQL or related query language
- Knowledge of Hadoop/Hive and related HDFS platforms preferred
- Ability to translate research questions and definitions into business requirements for data mapping and extraction from EMR
- Ability to traverse potentially complex medically oriented research questions as they relate to Information Technology practices and data content
- Ability to support development for research projects with fixed deadlines, expectations, and research regulations
- Excellent verbal communications and customer-relations skills
- Excellent written skills and experience with documentation of issues and resolutions
- Practical experience with project delivery and systems development life cycles
- Ability to forge strong working partnerships with research scientists, Information Technology colleagues, physicians, and other staff in a diverse health care environment
- Ability to communicate and present information effectively in both oral and written form to all levels of hospital personnel, IT and research colleagues
- Ability to relate cooperatively and constructively with co-workers, clinical and medical staff, and interdisciplinary teams
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex application systems problems and provide resolutions/recommendations
Job Specific Duties:
Identifies data elements in EMR Systems (e.g., Cerner) and Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMs), creates queries following research project data requirements, and creates research datasets.
- Collects, analyzes, and compares data definitions, business rules, and data availability and completeness in various data sources.
- Takes initiative and works with developers and with subject matter experts (SME) to ensure seamless project execution.
- Identifies and communicates data quality issues pertinent to research projects and clinical processes.
- Participates in design and process changes regarding to the Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Designs applications leveraging best practice configuration to meet business and functional requirements.
- Analyzes and resolves complex issues that impact the Electronic Medical Records.
- Provides application support and participates in on-call rotation.
- Develops and coordinates comprehensive test plans.
- Documents all work per IT and Research standards and processes including change management.
- Assists and coordinates in the documentation of systems policies and procedures as well as training materials.
- Works effectively on project teams and meets deadlines in accordance to research timelines and project manager's expectations.
- Evaluates, designs, codes, tests, and implements custom or vendor supplied systems software to effectively respond to the business and clinical research requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Healthcare related field (or) 7-9 years experience in Information Systems development implementing and supporting clinical or research application systems
- 3-5 years of experience in Information Systems development implementing, and supporting clinical or research application systems
- 2-4 years of experience working with Cerner tables on the back end and proficiency in CCL
- 2-4 years of experience working with researchers on clinical research or quality related projects