Warbird Consulting Partners is seeking an Interim CDM Manager at a large university on the west coast.
Warbird engages talent and expertise across all of our practice areas and assembles experienced teams to solve a wide range of complex, pressing accounting and finance issues. Our consultants typically have 15-25 years plus of industry experience and know firsthand the daily challenges our clients encounter. We fit our consultants' skills to the needs of our clients to ensure a successful experience for all. If you're ready to take on the challenge, then let us help you advance your career in consulting.
This position is responsible for the Revenue Capture process (revenue capture, revenue reconciliation, and revenue generation), pre and post payment auditing of medical records and associated clinical documentation to ensure proper charge capture, billing in accordance with standard billing policies and reimbursement principles. This position is responsible for assisting Revenue Cycle Services, HIM, and other departments with resolution of charging, billing issues and / or denials requiring clinical expertise, and participating in external audit requests, and special projects as needed. This position also has responsibilities to educate clinical staff in clinic and department settings. The Revenue Integrity/CDM Manager will also perform the following functions, not limited to;
- Responsible for assisting with external audit requests as approved by Director, Revenue Cycle Support in conjunction with the Compliance Department
- Retrieves and compiles data across multiple information systems and provides needed information for internal and external customers in a timely manner
- Will manage the charge capture and revenue cycle process for the revenue cycle building and maintenance process
- Conduct cost outlier and high balance account audits or post third party vendor reviews
- Prepares written reports on trending data related to findings and facilitates sign off with leadership
- Facilitates timely turnaround of audit results
- Prepares written summaries of results, which allow clinical leadership the ability to monitor and manage their revenue capture and documentation processes
- Keeps Revenue Cycle Support Director informed on various findings and communications with areas assigned for audit and/or process review
- Notifies Charge Reconciliation, CDM, and Revenue Cycle Education Staff of pertinent issues requiring their intervention to remedy / correct
Medical Technician, LPN, RN, with current state license OR certified R.H.I.A., R.H.I.T., CCS, CCS-P, CPC, CPC-H, CCA, OR Associates degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience with Health Information Management (HIM), Facility/Physician Billing, Charge Description Master (CDM), Denials Management, Charge Integrity, Financial Analysis
- Minimum of five years' experience in hospital or physician setting with extensive Revenue Cycle knowledge
- Minimum of two years of hospital audit experience with a concentration in High Balance and Cost Outlier and/or facility based clinic audits and managing the charge capture.
- Extensive knowledge of CDM processes and hands-on time, plus EPIC knowledge are required.
Ability to travel weekly or bi-weekly Monday through Thursday as needed; this project is estimated to be 1-2 YEARS in length.
Warbird is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.E-Verify - Warbird participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program.