Warbird Consulting Partners is seeking an Interim Chief Information Security Officer at a large hospital system in the Pacific Northwest to provide strategic and operational information security leadership. The Interim Chief Information Security Officer will be responsible for leading governance, implementation and operations of information security functions across the healthcare system.
Warbird engages talent and expertise across all of our practice areas and assembles experienced teams to solve a wide range of complex, pressing accounting and finance issues. Our consultants typically have 15-25 years plus of industry experience and know firsthand the daily challenges our clients encounter. We fit our consultants' skills to the needs of our clients to ensure a successful experience for all.
- Serve as a key member of leadership teams and contribute broadly at the executive level. Educate and work collaboratively with all members of the department leadership team and assist the SVP/CRO with the Board in order to facilitate informed and transparent security risk management decisions.
- Collaborate with IT Leadership to assess organizational structure, governance structure and technology infrastructure to guide current and future security technology investments and operational processes in support of the overall goals and mission of the system.
- Maximize the effectiveness of installed security systems and infrastructure and lead the assessment, evaluation, and implementation of new technologies and enterprise security processes as appropriate.
- Oversee all aspects of the information security program budget, managing program and project costs and communicating to SVP/CRO and senior executives, as appropriate.
- Define strategies to ensure the security program meets the requirements of regulatory compliance in accordance with current security protocols, standards and methodologies including, but not limited to, HIPAA, FERPA, ISO 27001, NIST, , and PCI-DSS.
- Implement and oversee the effective management of technical and administrative controls and provide executive leadership of cross-functional response teams (e.g., Security, IT, Risk, Compliance) to investigate and remediate security incidents.
- Ensure the development and deployment of information security incident monitoring and response policies and practices.
- Collaborate with Information Services in its development and execution of an enterprise IT disaster recovery program.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Business Administration or related field is required; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. A Master's degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or a Juris Doctorate is preferred.
- Minimum experience requirements include: +8 years progressively responsible experience in healthcare management; 15 years' experience in information security; and 7 years managing professionals.
Certification in information security such as: Certified Information System Security
Ability to travel weekly or bi-weekly to site on a Monday through Thursday basis as needed.
Warbird is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.E-Verify - Warbird participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program.