EPIC - Revenue Access Manager|
Brookdale Hospital Medical Center
View Company Profile
View all jobs from this company
<< Go back |
||Jun 15, 2018
||- n/a -
||US - New York - Brooklyn
The Revenue Access Manager (EPIC) provides highly-organized and detail-oriented leadership to cross functional teams in all aspects of a complex and multi-faceted EPIC Electronic Medical Records (EMR) implementation system. The Revenue Access Manager manages the scope, work plans, resources, timelines, and deliverables of departmental staff. She/he supports the revenue and access departments in the implementation consistent with industry standards of revenue and access guidelines. She/he acts as a key contributor, working in collaboration with professionals on enterprise-wide revenue and access projects and collaborates to enhance clinical systems in support of excellence in patient care, clinical transformation and establishment of best practices. Communicates findings and provides recommendations to project and IT leadership. Ensures new processes adhere to regulatory requirements. The Revenue Access Manager identifies and manages the mitigation of issues and risks, making decisions in collaboration with project and hospital leadership. The Revenue Access Manager communicates with hospital leadership on the project progress, setting and managing project expectations with the hospital community.
Minimum Experience and Skills
- A deep understanding of hospital organizations and EPIC certification and/or understanding of the EPIC product suite
- Demonstrates project management skills (technology and people) with a track record of achieving goals on time and on budget
- Demonstrates an ability to be self-directed with excellent organizational, writing, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- The ability to probe for information about the underlying needs of the organization and user community, which directly influences how the system will be built and maintained.
Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, IT or operations/business/public administration
- Oversees day-to-day operations of department staff (Team Leads/Revenue and Access Application Analysts). Is responsible for the successful maintenance and support of Epic application solutions, ensuring the implementation is delivered on time, on budget, and with high quality.
- Plans, directs and manages workflow support for Revenue and Access system end users; ensuring patient care policies and procedures, related to information technology are communicated and implemented.
- Epic systems software experience for implementation, support, upgrades, in the following applications: Resolute HB/Claims, Reporting, HIM, ADT (Grand Central) and Cadence.
- Experience in one or more of the following revenue cycle functions: Patient Access, Scheduling and Admitting, RTE, Patient Movement and through-put, Referrals and Authorizations, Charge Capture, Denials Management and Recovery, Patient Accounts and/or Patient Financial Services.
- Functions as primary liaison between IT, operational staff and physicians; identifies and implements change management tools necessary for revenue and/or access process optimization and adoption.
- Collaborate with operational executives, key stakeholders, and Epic implementation leaders for the coordination and alignment of objectives across multiple functional areas and to provide overall technical and managerial leadership for the implementation of Epic in revenue and access areas.
- Establish high-level objectives for the Epic support and maintenance, and oversee the dissemination of those objectives to team lead(s) and their reports.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service and maintain an open line of communication. Collaborate with Client Executives in the management of customer relations.
- Serve as a senior level interface between client departments, Brookdale Medical Center, and Epic.
- Oversee activities of Epic application team lead(s) and other direct reports, and monitor mission critical issues.
- Responsible for the hiring and staffing decisions of direct reports and key positions within the department.
- Manage defined business practices, processes, and procedures and ensure team members adhere to technical standards, estimation guidelines and best practices.
- Participate in reviews with operational leadership and key customer representatives on business metrics, trend reports, and utilization metrics.
Yes, Epic Certification required – Resolute HB and ADT/Cadence or in process for certification.