The Epic Business Intelligence Developer is an emerging IT professional who analyzes, provides specifications for, and develops reports and dashboards for end user consumption. Responsibilities will include: Designs and plans BI solutions, as well as debugs, monitors, and troubleshoots BI solutions. Writes relational and multidimensional database queries. Forms productive relationships with customers by listening, clarifying, and responding effectively. Participates on project teams and manages relationship with vendors including opening and coordinating issues with vendors. Writes fundamental documentation in a clear, concise manner, adhering to standards and must be available for support by pager or telephone 24 hours per day x 7 days per week.
• High school diploma or GED required. • Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in information technology required.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Health Care environment preferred. Licensure, Registration, and/or
• Epic Clarity Certification in either EpicCare Inpatient or HIM is required.
• Microsoft SQL certification a plus Knowledge and
• Experience with business intelligence tools: Microsoft BI stack, SAP Business Objects, Qlikview, Spotfire, Tableau, or Crystal Reports.
• Experience programming in R, SAS, Python, SQL or equivalent programming languages.
• Experience with Business Intelligence development lifecycle.
• Knowledge of designing and planning BI solutions.
• Debugging, monitoring, and troubleshooting BI solutions.
• Creating and deploying reports and dashboards.
• Writing relational and multidimensional database queries.
• Experience with creating cubes and data warehousing.
• Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification and methodology development.
• The ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both a technical and user-friendly language.
• Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems issues and products as required.
• Able to exercise independent judgment and take action.
• Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills. Excellent understanding of the organizations goals and objectives.
• Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
• Highly self-motivated and directed. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
• Strong customer service orientation. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.