Epic Implementation Program Manager|
View Company Profile
View all jobs from this company
<< Go back |
||Jul 07, 2018
||- n/a -
||US - Illinois - Chicago
||- n/a -
The Epic Program Manager is responsible for the successful planning and execution of an enterprise-wide clinical and revenue cycle system implementation for a major Superlanet Epic client. The Program Manager will direct the work streams responsible for the implementation of an existing Epic instance to a recently acquired hospital. This position will work collaboratively with facility operational leadership, governance teams, andIS groups required to deploy IS services. The Program Manager is the primary point of contact between facility executive leadership and the resource managers of all IS teams and is responsible for engaging executive leadership and communicating the progress of the project. TheEpic Program Manager reports to the Managing Partner of Superlanet with a dotted line to the CIO of the client. Up to weekly travel will be required.
- Direct the work streams responsible for the implementation.
- Maintain the balance required between separate organizational cultures including the business and clinical needs using project guiding principles.
- Lead engagement planning, budgeting, resource management and execution for complex, large-scale multimillion-dollar Epic implementation.
- Engage and manage teams of 50 or more professionals, technicians and cross-functional teams.
- Develop and execute project plans using an effective project management methodology and project planning tools for large, complex organizations.
- Provide service excellence by meeting client needs while identifying and solving key client issues.
- Mitigate and manage project risk including deploying and managing an escalation process.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure project success by managing IT service delivery expectations.
- Demonstrated success in Program and Project Management in full lifecycle, enterprise-wide implementation(s) of both clinical and revenue cycle Epic applications in acute care environments.
- In-depth understanding of enterprise-wide healthcare applications with a focus on acute care, clinical and revenue cycle applications in an Epic Systems environment.
- Six-plus years directing one or more clinical or revenue cycle systems implementations.
- Ten years of progressive IT management experience or a combination of education and experience in an IT environment, preferably in a professional services/consulting organization.
- Exceptional leadership, organizational and project management skills.
- Understanding of healthcare industry information technology service delivery processes, preferably in a multi-facility health system.
- Ability to establish and maintain project management methodologies for large, complex projects and ensure effective utilization across all project teams.
- Experience with oversight of multiple simultaneous complex projects.
- Demonstrated ability to solve highly complex technical, organizational and operational problems.
- Proven ability to communicate, collaborate and consult effectively with all levels of an organization in a matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of outcomes management and process improvement methods.
- Proven change agent and mentor.
- Ability to travel weekly to client sites.
Education / Certification:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent field preferred.
- Epic certification in one or more clinical or financial modules preferred.
- PMP Certification preferred.
- Healthcare certifications or credentials (PharmD, RN, MHA, MBA) preferred.