A Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for performing all phases of reporting; including report design, measure development, data collection, summarization, documentation and validation to support the information needs of analysts, management, staff and providers. The Business Intelligence Developer exercises independent judgment, strong commitment to team work, exceptional customer service while working collaboratively with business users throughout the organization. A Business Intelligence Developer utilizes strong analytical and problem solving skills to accurately interpret and execute business requirements producing meaningful, actionable products. Proficiency with reporting tools, such as Crystal Reports, and database structures and content is needed.
Masters degree and at least one year of relevant experience OR Bachelors degree and 2 years of relevant experience OR Associate's degree with 5 years of relevant experience.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Certified Healthcare Data Analyst (CHDA) or Certified Health Informatics Professional (CHIP) preferred. One or more EPIC system business intelligence tools certification within 2 years of hire.
One (1) year of relevant experience with Master's degree OR two (2) years of relevant experience with Bachelor's degree OR five (5) years of relevant experience with Associate's degree. Experience in a healthcare setting required. Demonstrated experience and understanding of data modeling concepts (i.e, the entity-relationship model,) tables, relations and constraints, attribute datatypes and column datatypes. Demonstrated experience in performing complex data queries and mapping
Basic understanding of coding classification systems (CPT, DRG, ICD, etc.) and terminologies required. Proven experience with Microsoft Office Suite. Demonstrated experience with SAP Business Objects and Crystal Reports or similar tools. Demonstrated experience with Tableau or similar data visualization tools. Demonstrated experience with SQL. Demonstration experience with EPIC systems business intelligence tools preferred. Demonstrated experience with SSIS, SSRS, SSAS preferred. Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Demonstrates ability to communicate in a logical and efficient manner, with keen attention to detail. Demonstrates excellent organizational and time management skills. Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills. Strong customer service orientation. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Demonstrated ability to create complex operational and project related reports and extracts including design, documentation, development, testing, security, implementation and ongoing support of reporting user dashboards and templates
- Create complex operational and project related reports and extracts including design, documentation, development, testing, security, implementation and ongoing support of reporting user dashboards and templates.
- Performs complex data queries and mapping.
- Understands data modeling concepts (i.e, the entity-relationship model,) tables, relations and constraints, attribute datatypes and column datatypes.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and rectify issue in BI solutions.
- Participate in the design of data warehouse architecture to support the current and future strategy.
- Perform analysis of data sources, business processes and data mining to understand the nuances, integrity, completeness, and accuracy of the data.
- Keep abreast of new and emerging technologies that may provide deeper business intelligence.
- Actively investigate root causes behind variances and discrepancies of data. Develop and maintain subject matter expertise of various data subject areas.
- Participate in the development of best practices for data warehousing, reporting and data visualization.
- Utilize data available in Epic Cogito (Clarity, Caboodle Data Warehouse, Reporting Workbench/Radar, SlicerDicer), and other third party systems.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.