Do you want to work for one of the Carolinas' most respected medical practices? Are you looking for not just a job, but a career? We are looking for you.
We are Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. (CEENTA), the region's premier eye, ear, nose, and throat care provider for adults and pediatric patients for more than 90 years, and we are looking to add to our team. We are currently looking for an EPIC Ambulatory and HIM Analyst who will be responsible for designing, configuring, and testing software products for the EpicCare Ambulatory applications. The primary responsibility is to provide end-user support for EpicCare Ambulatory and HIM applications including chart corrections, Haiku/Canto and downtime workflows.
This is a fulltime exempt position and is located in the McAlpine area of Charlotte, NC. Candidates hired for the project will receive FREE training for one the hottest requested certifications in the country! Stop applying for jobs and start towards a career.
Summary of the position:
The Ambulatory Analyst designs, configures, and tests software products for the EpicCare Ambulatory applications. The primary responsibility is to provide end-user support for EpicCare Ambulatory and HIM applications including chart corrections, Haiku/Canto and downtime workflows.
Functions as the primary contact and expert of the application to troubleshoot problems and questions from end-users, specifically referencing HIM and Identity items. Works closely with the Epic Report Developers, Compliance Director, Privacy Officer, Epic Training Team and Practice Managers to ensure that the Medical Records Department can efficiently enter and process Release of Information requests. Ensures that the Medical Records Department can track and manage duplicate accounts. Additionally, supports chart correction, patient security, orders transmittal and results routing workflows for end-users. Under minimal supervision, analyzes problems in terms of systems and programming requirements, as well as policy/procedure and training requirements. Key activities include the design, build, and validation of the Ambulatory and clinical workflows within the EMR.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Act as organization expert on HIM and Identity workflows.
* Design, validate and confirm new or changed functionality with the Epic Ambulatory and HIMIdentity environments to meet enterprise specifications.
* Performs analysis, design, development and maintenance of the Epic Ambulatory application and other clinical information systems. Develop and modify system configurations that meet design requirements.
* Provide highly complex qualitative and quantitative analysis on data and information collected as part of Epic Ambulatory application requirement gathering. Develop and modify system configurations to meet design requirements.
* Analyze system requirements and determine system functional specifications. Defines and documents user requirements. Participate in meetings with stakeholders from physician groups, compliance, information systems, clinic operations and reporting. Document main points, issues and key decisions
* Provide support for customized implementation and installation of the software and related integration elements.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree required. EPIC Ambulatory certification preferred with a minimum of 2 years of related application support experience required. Previous experience HIM and/or Identity preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
* Strong project management and organizational skills.
* Strong communication and follow-up skills.
* Detail oriented and ability to meet deadlines is a must.
* Ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, maintain issues lists, and manage a project plan.
* Mentor other colleagues on the team to ensure successful knowledge sharing is occurring.
* Proficient in all aspects of design, development and testing and best practices of Epic Ambulatory applications implementations.
* Demonstrate or acquire in-depth knowledge in Epic Ambulatory application in order to design, document and develop functional and technical specifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
Certificates and License:
* Epic HIM Release of Information Certification - Certification must be obtained within 3 months of hire date
* Epic Identity Certification - Certification must be obtained within 3 months of hire date
* Epic Ambulatory Certification - Certification must be obtained within 3 months of hire date
* Epic Orders Transmittal Certification - Certification must be obtained within 3 months of hire date
* Epic Results Routing Badge - Badge must be obtained within 3 months of hire date