“The is a full-time permanent position at Carilion Clinic in Roanoke, Virginia”
Be at your best with an organization that equips you to do so. Whose people unite in making lives better. At Carilion Clinic, we help communities stay healthy and our region grow stronger through compassionate care, medical education and research, and neighborhood outreach. As part of our team you can expect professional stability, strong technological resources, and the advancement potential of a regional leader.
The Salesforce CRM Developer support Carilion's hallmarks of service excellence and quality for all job responsibilities.
- Provides maintenance and support of existing Salesforce.com solutions and is responsible for the design of new Salesforce.com solutions based on business requirements.
- Provides maintenance on software currently in a production environment and regularly updates documentation of all application changes made to that software.
- Confidently analyzes, implements, and tests software components and reports requiring complex business and data rules, in cooperation with customers, other developers, and system administrators.
- Work alongside team members, service line leaders and business resources, call center resources, and other teams to define and optimize processes; make recommendations for process improvements.
- Independently conducts analysis of application design including but not limited to planning implementations and maximizing application benefits.
- Collects service line business requirements. Creates technical specifications that align with business requirements. Creates and maintains high quality design documentation.
- Executes plans to design and build Salesforce.com solutions using standard configuration and establish configuration best practices. Performs system integrated testing and coordinates user acceptance testing.
- Creates and manages complex workflow rules, data validation, and triggers.
- Manages integration initiatives and implementation of third party plug-ins.
- Serves as both a professional and technical mentor to other team resources. Conducts training for new and existing users on how to use Salesforce.com effectively.
- Participates in on-call rotations for assigned applications. Assist others with resolution of complex issues.
- Collaborates with technology and peer teams to ensure effective data flow between Salesforce.com and integrated systems.
- Manage user accounts and permissions. Log, track and resolve identified system problems.
Based in Roanoke, VA, we are an award-winning, community-based network of hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices, and affiliations with prestigious academic medical institutions. Explore how joining a regional leader can enhance your ability to learn, grow, and succeed.
Education: Associates Degree required. BA/BS preferred. Master's degree desired.
Experience: 5+ year(s) of experience as a Salesforce.com Developer preferably across sales, marketing and HRIS/ERP clouds (particularly in building custom objects, page layouts, formula fields, workflow rules, sharing rules, validation rules, process builder, visual workflow, and Data Loader).
Salesforce.com Advanced Developer Certifications preferred.
Strong experience with designing and managing processes and projects.
3-5 years working in a related IT field supporting integrated systems. Experience with Salesforce.com developer toolkit including Apex Classes, Controllers, and Triggers, Visualforce, Force.com IDE, Migration Tool, schedule jobs, batch jobs, and email services. Experience with Web Services is also a plus. Experience working with technical infrastructure components, providing technical support of integrated business operational workflows, and analyzing opportunities for process improvements, and supporting agile development projects as assigned.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Working knowledge of software development life cycle, change management best practices, agile development methodologies, ITIL. Proficiency with MS Office application suite, MS Project, MS Visio, and MS Sharepoint.
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail. Ability to turn analytic insights into executable actions. Ability to work in cross-functional teams. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Inspiring Better Health at Carilion Clinic
Every day at Carilion Clinic, our employees come together to inspire better health in our patients, their families and our communities. Explore how you can be a part of this diverse, innovative and interdisciplinary patient-centered team, and find out how you can make a difference in the lives of others.
Based in Roanoke, Va., Carilion Clinic includes multi-specialty physician practices, seven not-for-profit hospitals and the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute in partnership with Virginia Tech.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Carilion is a Drug-Free Workplace.