Do you want to work for one of the Carolinas' most respected medical practices? Are you looking for not just a job, but a career? We are looking for you.
We are Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. (CEENTA), the region's premier eye, ear, nose, and throat care provider for adults and pediatric patients for more than 90 years, and we are looking to add to our team. We are currently looking for a Patient Account Specialist. The position is fulltime and located in our Business Office department in the University area of Charlotte, North Carolina.
CEENTA was recently named as Best Employers in North Carolina and Best Places to Work. As the largest multi-specialty physician association on the East Coast - with 19 locations throughout North & South Carolina, over 100 providers offering comprehensive adult and pediatric care, and a full list of ancillary departments and services - we strive to hire the best staff possible to take excellent care of our patients..
The ideal candidate for this position should be professional, detail oriented, and love being a part of a team focused on providing excellent services for our company. Ideal candidates would have a "can do and will do" attitude and demonstrate the ability to contribute positively to the team.
Summary of the position:
Responsible for handling multiple patient accounts in a courteous and professional manner by performing duties within the scope of the policy and procedures defined by Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ability to handle in bound patient calls, investigate and resolve billing issues/complaints, and collect on patient accounts while maintaining the high standards of customer service of Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates
* Properly document patient encounter to insure and create a clean and accurate patient database
* Maintain consistent and professional level of communication both, written or verbal with the patients
* Review financial obligation of patient and provide options for payment.
* Collaborate with credit agencies (when appropriate) and attorneys when needed and provide necessary paperwork to support claim and payment status.
* Input and edit insurance sets to allow for accurate and timely filing of insurance claims.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or GED equivalent; previous customer service experience in Healthcare preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
* Customer Service and organizational skills, data entry, written and verbal communication skills, maintain positive team oriented attitude with an attention to details.
* Network computer software applications, practice management software and applicable electronic medical record software.
* Knowledge of medical insurance is a must; including verbiage and/ or explanation of benefits.
* Knowledge of HIPPA procedures and policies.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Certificates and License:
* Change in expectations may occur with little to no notice and will be reviewed periodically
* Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. offer a competitive benefits package including medical insurance coverage on the first day of employment. Our physicians believe in continuing education and offer opportunities for up to 30 hours of free CE a year, plus our compensation model is structured to offer higher wages to certified technicians. Join our team to provide excellent patient care!