The careC2™ Operation of the Leidos Health Group is growing and we seek a Product Quality Director that is based in Reston, VA with remote work arrangements considered.
This position plays an essential role in helping careC2™ support high quality delivery of solutions to a rapidly developing customer base. He/she will have the responsibility and autonomy over a diverse set of projects of varying complexity in direct support of our product development, engineering and customer implementation teams; from development-to-launch to assuring operational and client readiness, management of post-launch product performance and ownership of customer contract-based key performance indicators to maximize value.
This is not a typical QA role. We need experienced healthcare professionals who are well versed in “big company” solution delivery and customer implementations, but nimble and agile enough to excel in the ambiguity of a start-up environment. Above all, we need doers who can self-direct and are poised to disrupt and transform traditional healthcare models.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
Assures quality products and core processes by establishing and enforcing guiding principles and standards that engender trust and reinforce our brand within customer engagements:
- Ensures consistent quality approaches are applied across product development teams.
- Serves as the quality expert for products and supports product managers and product owners in strategic decisions throughout the product lifecycle that proactively address product integrity and quality.
- Actively monitors product metrics and initiates support or improvement projects to enhance or mitigate quality risks; or supports client engagement and engineering quality assurance teams in response to quality issues or defects.
- Quality approver of key product documents or other deliverables throughout the product management and development lifecycles.
- Owner of Product Reporting, quality and operational, that depict product performance.
- Participates in Release Management – including planning, operational and customer readiness assessments, training support, and implementation – providing direct input and response to any quality-related items or issues.
- Facilitates end user acceptance of product deliveries.
- Collaborates with Product Managers, Product Owners, Customer Implementation Teams, and Client Engagement Managers; this will include customer interaction.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as required by business conditions or as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare, or technical discipline and 8+ years of experience; Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant healthcare domain experience.
- Proven knowledge of healthcare systems, designs, and regulatory concerns.
- Practical experience with clinical software applications functionally, as an end user or vendor.
- Strong analytical skills and working knowledge of product requirements specifications, quality management and reporting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software quality assurance methods, processes, test design and execution; need to provide sign-off and acceptance for product.
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer and software implementation strategies.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and an ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, in a cross-functional and highly distributed team environment.
- Demonstrated high-level of integrity and business ethics; ability to model expected behaviors across teams.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships.
- Strong functional knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills; ability to interface effectively with the customer and internal stakeholders at all levels.