Sr Cloud Engineer|
View Company Profile
View all jobs from this company
<< Go back |
||Oct 04, 2018
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - Texas - Austin
The Sr. Cloud Engineer provides overall leadership in Cloud architecture, design, and strategy for the SMS/Leidos MASS Program Cloud team.
- Provides leadership in the VA Cloud team organization.
- Lead role in planning, scheduling, and implementation of Cloud technology and design
- Lead role in Cloud vendor analysis and alignment of Cloud technology to VA requirements.
- Develop and communicate plans for investing in systems architecture, virtualization technology, and service delivery models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, etc.)
- Work with IT Management to establish process goals and success criteria. Determine relative value of process activities, and lead process improvement efforts.
- Analyze IT processes for waste, inefficiencies, and areas for improvement, using a variety of process improvement approaches
- Create presentations summarizing Cloud architecture and/or recommendations
- Communicate, inform, and educate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Provide recommendations through identifying emerging technologies
- Actively champion IT architecture improvement throughout the organization and promote process best practices
- Lead cross-functional initiatives to improve processes by studying current practices; proposes and implements modifications
- Create, edit and manage all IT architecture/design documents
- Develop the priority and schedule for implementation of current state gaps, including in-depth process design of the targeted gap
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal/external customers.
- Dedicated to special projects and performs other duties as requested
- Various projects as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or a field related and 10 years related work. May substitute relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Experience leading functional work streams to meet deliverables requiring coordinating activities from multiple service providers; continuous availability techniques used in high volume Internet content providers.
- Microsoft Azure Cloud technology skills focused on implementing cloud services for VA customers to procure services as a self-service format including IaaS, PaaS and other service models.
- Be familiar with FISMA and FedRAMP certifications, government security, operational metrics, monitoring and server provisioning.
- Experience required in collaboration, persuasion, overcoming resistance to new ideas and excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Must possess strong numerical ability and solid communication skills.
- Must value working in a collaborative and cooperative environment to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to participate in process documentation.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask? can set priorities and follow a timeline
- Must be a self-starter and capable of working independently.
- Able to obtain and maintain a favorable determination for a public trust clearance/investigation.
- Accepts and performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Knowledge of Veteran Affairs’ Information Technology Systems, Policies, and Processes.
- Experience in healthcare
- Citrix experience/exposure
- Epic/Cadence software knowledge