High performance Computing Data Engineer (Data Warehouse ETL Developer)|
View Company Profile
View all jobs from this company
<< Go back |
||Nov 06, 2018
||US - New York - Upper East Side
||- n/a -
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Data Warehouse ETL Developer designs, tests, implements, maintains and controls the Mount Sinai Data Warehouse, with the overarching goal of accelerating translational research and improving clinical care.
The incumbent will develop and transform databases and data marts across multiple platforms, technologies (e.g., Relational, Columnar, NoSQL) and computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, cloud) for Sinai-specific and NIH-funded national resources and projects. The incumbent will design, develop and manages these resources in a high performance computing and data warehousing environment, utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, tests, implements, maintains and controls Mount Sinai’s research-oriented Data Warehouse, Data Marts, and other associated Research Databases for researchers and clinicians for grant funded projects. This includes major national and regional projects and data sharing initiatives such as the NIEHS-funded national Children’s Health Exposure Analysis Resource (CHEAR) and the data submissions and study support for the NYC-Clinical Data Research Network (CDRN).
- Works closely with technical management and researcher-clients to design and implement databases and database support tools in support of complex business application development requirements and processes (e.g., diverse development platforms, technological environments, software, hardware, tools, etc.).
- Approaches all relationships with a world-class customer service approach. Maintains a customer-focused approach with users to provide solutions that are science/research-driven.
- Supports, designs and manages upgrades to Sinai-developed software that interacts with these databases, such as the Cohort Query Tool.
- Monitors transaction activities and assists in the utilization of databases. ETL maintenance and job monitoring is required. On-call support is sometimes required.
- Responsible for the integrity and security of data in Data Warehouses and Data Marts.
- Work with other IT professionals through Mount Sinai effectively. Comply with the Institutional Review Board and HIPAA to follow all applicable policies and procedures.
- Assists in the development of standards and procedures affecting database management, design and maintenance.
- Establishes and maintains databases for user tests and production purposes.
- Performance Tuning of Database Schemas, Databases, SQL, ETL Jobs, and related scripts.
- Trains user groups on procedures and standards.
- Must have flexibility to learn and embrace a dynamic environment, which could include other database and pipeline technologies (e.g. Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, SQL Server, various ETL tools such as SSIS and SAP BODS, Kafka, cloud database services, etc.) and other coding/scripting languages.
- May act as a project leader.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; Advanced degree preferred.
- Five years minimum experience in the design and administration of logical and relational databases and ETL processes in diverse technological environments.
- Strong ETL development experience required (SAP Business Objects Data Services is a strong plus. SSIS or Azure Data Factory is a plus).
- Database Administration background is required (schema design, DDL and DML tuning, database configuration, performance tuning).
- Strong SQL analysis skills required (Oracle, PostgreSQL, and/or MS SQL Server is required).
- Scripting experience (shell, Python, PERL, or similar) is a strong plus.
- Healthcare data knowledge is a strong plus.
- HL7 Interface knowledge is a plus.
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is a plus.
- Must understand the systems development process and have a solid understanding of business processes. Requires excellent analytical ability, consultative and communication skills, strong judgment and the ability to work effectively with clients and other IT management and staff.