A New Day at Alameda Health System
Since 1864 our organization has served the health care needs of the East Bay. The organization has been a vital community asset, which embodies a core mission of “Caring, Healing, Teaching, Serving All.” The heart of our mission is to promote wellness, eliminate disparities, and improve and maintain the health of residents of the diverse communities of Alameda County. We are an organization that continues to adapt and transform. We do so to promote wellness and provide top-quality health care to our growing and diverse community.
Vice President, Applications
San Leandro, CA
If you've been seeking an opportunity to expand your career in Information Technology, consider joining Alameda Health System as our Vice President of Applications. In this role, you will combine your leadership and IT expertise to lead a team of five leaders consisting of Directors and Managers. You will have an opportunity to develop the team and create the structure you feel would best align with our organization and help to achieve our overall goals by providing strategic and operational leadership for the planning, implementation, maintenance, and governance of all applications systems, services, and support staff. You will provide IT customer service leadership to all health system departments, medical staff, and employees and be responsible for the following areas; Enterprise Resource Planning (HR, Finance, Materials Management, Time and Attendance etc,), Revenue Cycle (Hospital Billing, Physician Billing, Health Information Management, Access), Ambulatory Applications, Inpatient Applications, Ancilliary Applications (Radiology, Cardiology, PACS).
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Operations Management, Engineering or related field
- Seven years of increasing leadership experience within an Information Technology environment
- Electronic Medical Record experience
- Experience with technology architecture strategies and creating both short and long term technological strategic plans
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Information Management or a related field
- Experience within a clinical environment
- Experience with Epic
- Experience within a union environment
- A Registered Nurse or other clinical experience
- Project Management Institute certification
- Lean Six Sigma Certification.
We are an equal opportunity employer.