ASSISTANT CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER
San Mateo County Health
$159,244.80 - $199,076.80 Annually
San Mateo County Health is seeking qualified candidates for the new position of Assistant Chief Information Officer. San Mateo County Health (SMC Health) is a forward-thinking, innovative public health and healthcare delivery organization. We are looking for an Assistant Chief Information Officer (ACIO) to join our stellar team to lead our work to modernize, maintain and optimize health information systems to ensure healthcare information technology (HIT) enables the highest quality service for our patients and clients.
Reporting to the SMC Health Chief Information Officer, the ACIO will support the realization of our HIT vision, goals and initiatives that support the mission of SMC Health – to help everyone who lives, works, plays and studies in San Mateo County live longer, better lives. We expect the ACIO to be both a thought leader and an operations executive to lead the life cycle management of numerous application platforms, both locally and cloud hosted. The ACIO will collaborate with other leaders at the highest level of the HIT organization and will manage a team of professionals who are accountable for the delivery of HIT services to over 2,500 staff at over two dozen locations across San Mateo County.
The ideal candidate for this position will be:
- A passionate leader committed to the mission of SMC Health, who can work with other division leaders to develop and optimize HIT solutions that deliver an outstanding user experience and enable the highest quality service to our patients and clients
- An informed technologist with extensive experience in healthcare information systems who can develop a multi-year roadmap to match changes in the business of healthcare to the optimal HIT solutions to meet those needs
- A proven program manager with a strong track record of project implementations where traditional measures of schedule and budget adherence were met, but more importantly, where the customer’s measures of success were achieved
- A creative problem-solver who uses lean principles to solve issues to their root cause and applies solutions to those problems that preclude their recurrence
- A collaborator and consensus builder who can work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to align business needs with investments in technology
- An effective communicator and educator who can articulate the alignment of Health Information Technology performance goals to a county shared vision to staff and customers
- A quick and clear thinker, calm under pressure and tactful in resolving challenging issues
- An experienced, respected and thoughtful manager who is committed to developing the skills and capabilities of HIT staff and creating an environment of high performance
- A professional with at least ten years of increasingly responsible experience performing duties related to information services systems and technology management in a large, complex healthcare organization, including at least five years of experience in a senior-level administrative or management leadership position
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to qualify is:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in information sciences, healthcare administration or related discipline
- At least five years of increasingly responsible experience performing duties related to information services systems and technology management in a large, complex healthcare organization, including at least two years of experience in a senior-level administrative or management leadership position
View the Assistant Chief Information Officer brochure for more details about this exciting career opportunity!
Final Filing Date: May 13, 2019
To learn more about the position and to apply online, please visit our website at:
Candidates must answer the supplemental questions and upload their resume and cover letter online. EOE