Systems Application Specialist|
La Comunidad Hispana
View Company Profile
View all jobs from this company
<< Go back |
||Aug 30, 2019
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - Pennsylvania - Kennett Square
||- n/a -
The primary responsibility of the Systems Application Specialist is to provide technical support, customization and ongoing management of LCH’s Electronic Health Records (EHR) and all applications that interface with the EHR. The Systems Application Specialist works collaboratively with the IT Support Specialist, Management and staff by exhibiting strong coordination, communication, cooperation, and overall support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities EHR Application Management
- Maintain and enhance functionality through ongoing support in areas such as updates, application management, training, design, customization, and optimization.
- Work with providers and clinical staff to address specific user needs.
- Ensure accurate system mapping to result in correct reporting and revenue cycle management.
- Ensure updates are performed regularly and in compliance with industry standards.
- Maintain and create forms in the EHR.
- Manage and support all applications interfacing with EHR, including CQIC coding and customization, through close collaboration with all third-party vendors.
- Verify and update workflows.
- Communicate with EHR representatives, consultants, and additional IT resources as needed.
- Participate in routine status calls with EHR vendor.
- Work with Director of Quality Care and Population Health to ensure quality data is aligned within tool.
- Implement user training programs and provide/arrange training for new employees as well as ongoing training for established users on Centricity application.
- Train super-users as appropriate to assist with system support.
- Attend industry and EHR trainings as needed to maximize use of existing tools and drive the application of new technologies.
- Stay current with industry knowledge and new technologies.
- Maintain excellent attendance; perform all duties in a timely manner; attend all meetings as scheduled and/or directed by supervisor.
- Follow all LCH procedures and adhere to policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Collaborate with all LCH staff as appropriate to ensure efficient integration of services and support.
- Respect confidentiality at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Job description subject to review and may change based on business necessity.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent study and work experience.
- Knowledge of electronic health record (EHR) applications.
- Clinical background in health-related profession, public health, or community health experience preferred.
- Experience working with a second culture preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with general computer hardware, software and data networking concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft software applications, database applications, and electronic health record software.
- Project management and problem-solving skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Superior organizational skills, the ability to multitask, and be detail-oriented.