*All Candidates must apply at jobs.macomb.edu to be considered for this position.*
FUNCTION: Maintain technical equipment, facilitate and coordinate the production of 3D printed projects, and work collaboratively with multiple disciplines, departments, vendors, and the community. Manage the production of 3D printed parts for the department, customers, and partnerships. Assist Health and Public Services (HPS) students and faculty. Assists faculty with technical assistance.
- Operate and maintain 3D printing equipment, scanners, simulator and other equipment which run on a variety of software applications and operating systems
- Coordinate 3D Printing workflows; enhance design and deliver capabilities, research new technologies, and implement quality control measures
- Create duplication and demonstration of patient anatomy, dental, and other models for additional departments
- Act as a project manager for requests by planning, scheduling, and providing updates to internal and external customers
- Attention to detail with equipment, 3D models, verbal/written communication, tracking maintenance/quality, and the entire process/workflow.
- Provide on-site preventative and corrective maintenance service for equipment.
- Provide technical assistance to staff and to prepare, print and post process 3D print jobs for prospect benchmarks.
- Consult and collaborate with full-time faculty to develop 3D models for all Health and Human Services curriculum and classes.
- Collaborate with faculty to develop protocols to facilitate both faculty and student use of the 3D printer, scanner, and other items
- Maintains records and schedules of the 3D Printer Lab, materials, maintenance, and presentations
- Participate in events, tours, and outreach demonstrating the technical equipment and promoting the department.
- Coordinate use of the 3D printer with community partners
- Collaborate with the Laboratory Supervisor for Health and Human Services for repair of Human Patient laboratory equipment
- Mechanical aptitude, creativity, and willingness to gain an advanced understanding of rapid prototyping applications
- Attention to details when handling process and machine-related matters.
- Monitor, operate, and calibrate equipment, conduct preventative maintenance where appropriate, install related updates, make minor repairs, and follow college procedures for other required repairs
- Coordinates and ensures that all Health and Safety guidelines are adhered to in all buildings, labs, classrooms including hazardous waste tracking, handling, reuse, and disposal
- Collaborate with Manager, Human Patient Simulator Laboratory to develop protocols to facilitate both faculty and student use of the Human Patient Simulation laboratory for orientation, practice and remediation.
- Provide HPS instructional support and orientation to faculty, adjunct faculty and students
- Provide technical support in the day to day operation of High-fidelity Simulation equipment.
- Research, review and make recommendations regarding use of 3D modeling and application in Health and Public Services curriculum/programs
- Coordinate yearly maintenance and any upgrades to software and hardware with METI and maintain manufacturer documentation
- Collaborate with Instructional Technology to provide an integrated use of audiovisual instructional materials and software.
- Assist in the housekeeping, maintenance and security of the 3D print lab including supplies and equipment.
- Attend department and college meetings as assigned
- Perform related duties as assigned
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Dean of Health and Public Services. Works collaboratively with Instructional Technology, Health and Human Services, and other college departments.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Associate Degree required plus two years of experience in Instructional Technology in Health-related field and or 3D printing.
Hands-on person with good mechanical aptitude. At least one year working directly with faculty to provide instructional technology support.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be well organized with ability to handle multiple assignments/projects as well as maintaining records and files. Must have basic technological, maintenance, and anatomy knowledge. Must demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite applications including competency in Teams. Must have the ability to think analytically and make data driven decisions. Must display creativity, self-motivation, flexibility, and ability to work effectively in a team environment with minimal supervision.
SALARY: $20-25 per hour.
HOURS: To be scheduled by the department, not to exceed 20 hours per week.